Marc Perkel wrote:

Rick Macdougall wrote:

Same difference to me, you get blocked. My servers are busy enough as it is (just as an example, one incoming SMTP server out of 4 with one client has consistent 80 connections per second, an average 500 connections active at any given tine, the majority, over 80%, bounces or SAV checks). So guess what? I'm going to block those servers until they smarten up.

The reason you get so many bounces is that your servers are SAV hostile. If someone spoofs your domain then you're going to get SAV connection if you allow it or bounce connections if you don't. And the number of bounces is going to be a lot higher than the SAV requests because spammers like domains where the recipient host gives no information about if the account is valid or not.

Uhhh, no. We don't bounce. Anyone who bounces is an asshat. We reject 551 at the smtp level for spam above a certain score and for user unknown. We aren't anti-SAV per say, we are anti-usernamechecking, we will return a "User Unknown" after 5 similar unsuccessful requests during the same smtp connection.

Think logically about it.

Regards,

Rick