Luis HernĂ¡n Otegui wrote:
> First, RTFM.
> Second, Google.
> Third, oh, well... You NEED to feed Bayes a significant amount of
> data, so it knows what is spam and waht is ham, due to the fact that
> the kind of spam and ham you receive is different from the ones I get
> on my servers. Then it will start auto learning on that basis. But, to
> start, it needs you to feed it data...
>
> Luix
>
> 2007/5/11, Daniel Aquino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > > Have you trained the bayes database? Is this a fresh install? It
> > > needs at least 200 spam and 200 ham messages to get it going.
> > > However, the more ham and spam you can feed it, the better it
> > > will perform...
> >
> > Well I thought I could use the auto-learning feature ?

You can use auto-learning, you just have to watch it at first and
manually re-learn any messages that it mis-classifies.  Also, depending
on your traffic patterns, it can take a while for Bayes to learn the
required 200 spam and 200 ham messages from auto-learning alone.  For
best results teach it manually at the beginning.  This way, you know you
have a good database when you start.  With auto-learning alone, the
database can get corrupted before you ever get a chance to use it.

--
Bowie