On Sunday 20 May 2007 17:38, night duke wrote:
> Currently i have this version of spamassassin
>
>   SpamAssassin version 3.1.7-deb
>
>   Can i update it to the last version?
>   Apt-get or yum or howto?

There's no newer official version in Debian at this time (the maintainer seems
to be temporarily away). You could use packages from Ubuntu instead, either
by adding a suitable line to /etc/apt/sources.list, for example

deb http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy universe

or by downloading manually, for example from
http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/s/spamassassin
and installing with dpkg -i <filename>.

Be aware that you might need to write things in /etc/apt/preferences to
prevent yourself from accidentally switching to Ubuntu versions of other
packages.

I also recommend that you get used to aptitude, which is more powerful than
apt-get and has a UI.

--
Magnus Holmgren        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)