AbbaComm.Net wrote:
> are any ISP's out there using AWL and finding it "extremely" effective to
> the zillionth power?

I saw no reason to disable it when I first set up a spamfilter server
for the small ISP I started working for originally.  This was ~SA2.4, so
there were no DNS-based URI tests and no Bayes support.  <g>

Since then, the only problem I ran into was that of ever-expanding AWL
files causing quota problems, which I solved by hacking the
check_whitelist script to trim certain entries (IIRC, those that only
had 1 "hit") while copying the rest into a new file.  Simply deleting
the entries from the existing file wouldn't have helped;  that would not
have actually shrunk the on-disk file.

I can't say if it's "extremely" effective, but it's a cheap way to make
sure someone's favourite non-spam mailing list doesn't get randomly
tagged due to being close to the spam threshold, but occasionally over.

-kgd