Manu wrote:
> I'm using SpamAssassin 3.0.2 and Qmail on a Debian Sarge Server.
> Administrative hosting panel is Plesk 8.1.

Between qmail and Plesk, what you're looking for may not be possible
with the obvious exposed controls;  you may need to manually dig into
configuration files to get the behaviour you want.

> Imagine the following situation:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] forwards to [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],...
>
> Now if SpamAssassin checks [EMAIL PROTECTED] and each user has enabled spam
> filtering too, SpamAssassin will filter the same message once for mailgroup@
> and then once again for each user. We'll get: 1 + #users scans.
> If I disable scanning of mailgroup@, we'll get #user scans for the very same
> message.
>
> What I would like to have: SpamAssassin scans for mailgroup@ and when the
> very
> same message has to be scanned for each user, SpamAssassin remembers that
> this message has already been scanned seconds ago and doesn't scan it again.

SA doesn't have any sort of capability like that itself;  it scans what
it's been handed.

On systems I'm responsible for (all currently SA3.1.8 + sendmail with no
formal "hosting panel"), I'd add a header during the "systemwide" scan,
and then check for that header during the per-user processing.  If the
header was present, don't call SA again.

I'm pretty sure what you want is *possible*...  but I can't say whether
it's possible via your hosting panel, *easy* but you have to dig into
back-end configuration files, or possible but bury-your-head-in-MTA-guts
*nasty* to set up.

-kgd