bbxrider wrote:
> i would very much like to be able to do that, but my mail service,
> sitelutions.com, evidently doesn't have that functionality, which
> doesn't make any sense to me at all, so i'm forced to try and deal
> with it with sa i would have thought that pop3 services would easily
> include an option to just
> drop any message for a non-existant account (or bounce it back like
> what is causing my problem), ideally this would be at the option of
> the pop3 user, so
> they could decide if messages coming in were just spam or a
> legitimate typo, etc
> so my question remains trying to see if i can get spam assassin to
> get the job
> done,  thanks for your reply
> bbxrider

"pop3-accounts" normally drop mail sent to invalid addresses, meaning that each
pop-box only get the messages for that one pop address.

Seems there is some kind of "catch-all" arrangement, and you have an own
domain, so that [EMAIL PROTECTED] gets into that mailbox.

I have similar, and I like it;) It's great as a spamtrap.