Jerry Durand wrote:

On Jun 14, 2007, at 5:36 PM, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:

Jerry Durand wrote:
My message came back tagged as spam, but I have this list whitelisted_from_spf. ???

It hit SPF_FAIL, thus no SPF based whitelist hit. You may want to run the message through spamassassin -Dspf to find out why.

Daryl

Oh, right, it's this list format. The message said it was from me, but it was sent by apache.org. Of course SPF failed.

Actually the return path is (similar to):

...so SPF shouldn't fail.

So, how do you set up SA to allow these lists that act as an unauthorized relay?

Make sure your milter is providing a return path header field so that SA gets the correct envelope-from address. I believe old versions of amavisd-new don't do this. If the milter fails to do this SA will end up using the From: header field value and, yeah, you'll get SPF fail.

Daryl