Jerry Durand wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2007, at 5:36 PM, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
>
>> Jerry Durand wrote:
>>> My message came back tagged as spam, but I have this list
>>> whitelisted_from_spf.  ???
>>
>> It hit SPF_FAIL, thus no SPF based whitelist hit.  You may want to
>> run the message through  spamassassin -Dspf  to find out why.
>>
>> Daryl
>
> Oh, right, it's this list format.  The message said it was from me,
> but it was sent by apache.org.  Of course SPF failed.
No, it wasn't from you, at least not at the envelope level. The envelope
MAIL FROM would have been apache.org based, like all good mailing lists
do so they can detect delivery failures.

Otherwise you'd get bounces for every message the list tried to deliver
that failed. ouch!

My guess is SA isn't understanding your MTA's envelope sender markings,
but from what I recall, amavis generally handles this quite well itself.

> So, how do you set up SA to allow these lists that act as an
> unauthorized relay?
You don't, and you don't need to.