I'm trying out a new idea for blacklisting hosts. I have several email servers for processing spam. These servers service my lowered numbered MX records. I also have several dummy mx records that are higher numbered than my real servers. So in theory no one should ever hit the higher numbered servers. Especially when the IP addresses are on the same server as the lower numbered MX.

But as most of you know spammers don't play by the rules and they try hitting the higher MX records first thinking there's less spam filtering there. So what I'm doing is counting hits by IP address. At the moment they have to hit it 75 times to get blacklisted. And it's all spammers and spam bots.

Who thinks this is interesting?