[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Theo Van Dinter wrote:
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 02:53:56PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am still getting bayes version 0 aborting error. can someone help with
this?
[...]
0.000          0          3          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000          0       2044          0  non-token data: nspam
[...]

Are you sure that "sa-learn" and spamd are using the same DB?  Are
there any
errors when spamd attempts to use the DB?
How would i know if "sa-learn" and spamd are using the same DB? Here's
what we did:
upgraded to 3.2.1 from 3.1.1. We installed 3.1.1, long ago, from a rpm
created from the tarball. When we went to upgrade to 3.2.1, we created a
rpm from tarball; this created 2 rpm's 1 called perl-mail-spamassassin
and 1 called spamassassin. Perl-mail-spamassassin installed fine but
spamassassin rpm failed (see earlier thread for the specifics). So, we
installed from source. This is when we get the bayes db version 0.
Run "sa-learn" as nobody!
I.e.
su - nobody
sa-learn --dump magic

That will give you the information of the Bayes table as nobody.

And you have to make sure that "nobody" has read/write access to the Bayes database/file(s) as well!
Found a few other mails from you, are you running Bayes DB in MySQL?
Then you should have this line in your local.cf as well
bayes_sql_override_username        nobody

/Micke