John D. Hardin wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Kelson wrote:

I don't think the typical SA ruleset is big enough to take advantage of
BitTorrent.
However, what you might gain is the redundancy if (in fantasy
world) every user was also serving them out via bittorrent.

I was just mulling over in my head a hypothetical
"BittorrentMirror" client. The idea being to mirror a group of
files (rulesemporium rules, the whole site, etc).

I'll bring this up again: coral.

Is there some reason pointing everyone at the coral cache of the website won't work? Granted, coral is also intended for large files, but it is distributed and is almost transparent...

You and I already had a discussion about this on May 24th... coral sucks for two reasons; (i) it's on an alternate port and (ii) it corrupts the files. You suggested I get them to fix it, I suggested I couldn't be bothered.

Daryl