On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, John Scully wrote:

>        ...               After adding the sanesecurity sigs to clamd last
> week not one PDF has made it through.  And since clamd unpacks and examines
> every attachment anyway it is no additional load.  In fact, due to the
> messages not hitting SA it probably reduced load slightly.

I have a 'political problem' with that.  We 'drop' knowv viruses into
a quarantine directory without further notice, and only once in years
somebody complained and wanted his virus back :-)

We *only* TAG spam with headers, then users decide to drop, move, or read it.

So if I 'simply insert' those clamav sigs, spam would be handled as a virus,
not as 'our spam', which I'm not allowed to destroy.

Did somebody of you create an extra 'instance' of clamad-filter to fight
spam with spam-sigs only, without scaning for virus-sigs?  Does that
sound feasible?

Stucki