Jim Maul wrote:
Stream Service || Mark Scholten wrote:
For so far I know it isn't possible to have a TTL that is to low (if I may believe the RFC files). It is also impossible to have to many A-records. With both facts in mind I would suggest that you find an other method off detecting SPAM.

Most SA rules look for spam signs, not RFC violations. Now whether or not these are good spam signs I do not know...

-Jim

They are good spam signs. Not always spam though, because sometimes a domain that is changing IP addresses has turned down a TTL temporarily, so you'd want to combine such a test with other factors, but SA is good at that! I've noticed some ISPs ignore small TTLs, presumably with a intended (or unintended) side-effect that they actually fail to resolve a lot of these fast-flux spam domains. For some interesting reading on this, see:http://www.honeynet.org/papers/ff/index.html

Ken

--
Ken Anderson
Pacific.Net