Hi,

I have 2 separate local mirrors of some public RBLs - to spread the load and to be sure that my SA has constant access to the data; even when one of my DNS server goes down. All my MTAs had the same /etc/resolv.conf:
nameserver ip1
nameserver ip2
option rotate

One DNS server was queried, while the second one was idle. I changed resolv.conf on half of my MTAs (switched order of first two lines in resolv.conf), so the load was spread over both of my DNS servers, and everything was ok until I had to restart one of the DNS servers... As a result half of my incoming mail traffic was not checked against RBLs/URIBLs for some period. AFAIK there is no config option where I could set DNS server addresses (except a single request in bug #3500).

A quick look at DnsResolver.pm gave me an answer to what is going on:
188: my $ns = $self->{res}->{nameservers}[0];

I want to be able to make SA rotate DNS servers. SA even now probes my DNS for availability every now and then, so it could react to server failrues, ie change active DNS server. It could even query another server when the active one timed out while answering a (single/several) requests. How do I do that?

--
Pawel Sasin

WIRTUALNA POLSKA SA, ul. Traugutta 115c, 80-226 Gdansk; NIP: 957-07-51-216; Sad Rejonowy Gdansk-Polnoc KRS 0000068548, kapital zakladowy 62.880.024 zlotych (w calosci wplacony)