David B Funk wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, wolfgang wrote:

In an older episode (Friday, 10. August 2007), Mike Cisar wrote:
Has anyone else been seeing the empty-body "PDF" spam, but with a
.fdf file extension.  Had a whole pile in my inbox here this morning.
Thousands of them went through our mail gateways at work. A typo in some
bot?

No, merely the next episode in the never-ending spam-wars saga.

A ".fdf" file is yet another Adobe file type and double-clicking on one
(in a Windows box) will launch Acrobat-reader and display its contents.
However anti-spam weapons such as PDFinfo are explicitly coded to look
for ".pdf" files, thus ".fdf" is given a pass.
This shows the cleverness behind (at least some of) the spammers.

A quick edit will update PDFinfo to check ".fdf" files too.

that was done this morning if you want to grab a new version...
http://www.rulesemporium.com/plugins/PDFInfo.pm

--
Dallas Engelken
[EMAIL PROTECTED]