Claude Frantz wrote:
> Matt Kettler wrote:
>
>> It looks for a HELO doesn't match against the reverse DNS for the IP
>> address.
>
> Please note the case of clients connected to the network via NAT and
> using dynamic IP addresses. In the general case, such clients do not
> known about the IP address to which one their local address is
> translated using NAT. Such clients cannot set a correct HELO.
Which is one of the many, many, many  reasons this rule had a high false
positive rate, thus had a low score in 3.1.x and was removed from 3.2.x.

I don't think anyone believes this rule is a good one, and the above
facts (mentioned in the very post you replied to) indicate the SA team
knows this already.