Michael Scheidell wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: ram [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 6:07 AM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: fake MX records

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/OtherTricks    this page mentions
setting up fake MXes Is this method relevant today too with a lot of spam being relayed through proper smtp channels The page says the primary MX should not be accepting connections at all. Has anyone else tried this , will this cause delay in my mail

Yes, and some systems might not ever send you email (they violate RFC's)

We've had one issue with this. Our primary MX is firewalled off so that it only accepts mail from our large networks and therefor local mail doesn't have to compete with spam. There was on weird mailer that is being used that doesn't try other MXs. We were able to get past this by opening up the firewall to this small business to accept their mail.