>a) is probably going to be quite resource-intensive;

I don´t really know, according to
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=12207486&framed=y
 sm-7 say that it shouldn´t be

>b) requires LDAP, NIS, etc., so that SpamAssassin can have a clue
>about your accounts;
>c) requires competent fuzzy matching so that, when a user sends mail
>to "Chris St. Pierre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>", it doesn't flag it
>as spam because my "real name" is Christopher;
>d) is prone to FPs, since its the clients who add that name, and it
>could be literally _anything_ ("chris", "some guy", "", etc.) without
>being spam; and

My idea was that you could have a list that links each recipient to possible
names that could be used (basically first name, surname and possibly a short
name), not necesary NIS or LDAP. About fuzzy matching I think it shouldn't
be difficult to do. It´s something like what Google does when you misspell
something or enter something that is not "usual", it suggests you another
search and, in my opinion,  its guess is usually very good.

>e) is fairly site-specific and would require a fair amount of
>configuration.
well, maybe if you have thousands of users in your domain and you want to
enter the names-recipient links (as I explained in the previous paragraph)
for the first time, it will require a lot of work. In my case I have about
100 recipients and from time to time I have to add new ones; so, that
wouldn't be a problem.

>It might be an interesting plugin, but I think that the kind of
>scoring I'd be comfortable doing for a plugin like that -- very low --
>wouldn't be worth the tradeoff in CPU time, network traffic, etc.
I think is could add a low partial score, but the effect could be good
because most of these emails I´m talking about are already quite suspicious,
they usually match other tests (e.g. BAYES_99, which already adds a pretty
high score).