Dave Addey wrote:
Hi all,

As part of an “Ensim” (Linux control panel) installation, I’m running the Ensim-provided install of SpamAssassin 3.1.9. Unfortunately, I’m finding that no emails are being caught as spam. Whilst I’m sure that Ensim is doing some non-standard stufff around SpamAssassin, I’m wondering if anyone can help me (as a relative newbie to SpamAssassin) to debug what may be causing the problem.

I'm pretty sure that SpamAssassin is set up correctly. However, every single spam message seems to be getting through (assuming it is even being checked). All emails have a header of "X-Spam-Status: No, No" - which I assume means that SpamAssassin is checking the messages, and passing them all regardless of their spam-ness?

I really don't know where to start in debugging this. spamd is definitely running. I've run sa-update. I've sent myself an email with the GTUBE string in it, as described in http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TestingInstallation , and it also came through with the same header as above. I have "Enable tests that connect to remote servers" enabled in Ensim's "Spam Filter Configuration" settings, but disabling it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Can anyone suggest some things I could investigate to find out where the problem may lie?

Many thanks in advance,

- maurj.
First thing you need to know about running Ensim, is not to run Ensim. I had nothing but problems on the ensim server that I had. I thought it was going to be the low cost answer to my problems and it just was a high cost problem. Their support was horrid also.

Do you have access to logs to see if the mail is actually being scanned? It doesn't sound like it at all. Is this your box or someone else's?