> When SpamAssassin is invoked by amavisd, the SA debug log goes to
STDERR.
> There is currently no configurable way to let amavisd hook into SA
logging
> and capture its output, although it is doable and on a TODO list.

> For the moment you can redirect STDERR to a file and let it running
> for a while for diagnostic purposes, e.g.:

>   Mark

What I was hoping to do was write stuff to the log file for a week or
two
using the info() method.  Then I could grep out my lines, get the data
analyzed, and then finish the plugin.  (I'm not the PhD in this
operation
I'm just an undergraduate.)

I am a fairly experienced programmer but I have not used object oriented
Perl
before.  Thankfully it doesn't seem that different from other OO
languages.
Anyway I don't mind hacking up a temporary version of Amavisd if you
could
tell me how to get SA to quit logging to STDERR.

  Jeff Moss