--On Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:20 PM -0800 Kenneth Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Anyone seen these? text/plain and HTML parts, seem to have same content,
saying there's a virus, please delete, and some gibberish. I'm guessing
it's some kind of probe.

Started today (based on reports to us)

Varying senders.  Comes from a botnet.  Varying Subject but always one
lower-case word or wordlike string (ogbomosho).  Subject does repeat
in different messages, but looks like too many to bother matching.

Note the misspelling in the string:
/Virus found in this message, please delete it without futher reading/

between the <a ...> and </a> tags.  How can this ever be clicked on?

The URL has a dot in the path.  We have a local rule watching for
this.  Example (this is a dead link at this time):

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer

I wonder if that is in fact a broken spam warning message of some sort. I've been getting things for weeks with one nonsense "word" for a subject, but they have all been plain-text fake watch spams.

           Loren