Kenneth Porter wrote:
A teammate called my attention to this interesting project:

<http://stupidfilter.org/main/index.php?n=Main.About>

The solution we're creating is simple: an open-source filter software
that can detect rampant stupidity in written English. This will be
accomplished with weighted Bayesian or similar analysis and some
rules-based processing, similar to spam detection engines. The primary
challenge inherent in our task is that stupidity is not a binary
distinction, but rather a matter of degree. To this end, we're collecting
a ranked corpus of stupid text, gleaned from user comments on public
websites and ranked on a five-point scale.

Might make a good SA plugin.

What would be the difference in assuming that everything is stupid, then create a "smartness" filter that only allows good ideas through. I mean, it would be closer to reality that way.

Speaking of that, what ever happened to the idea that someone had a few months ago? It was a new approach to filter email. The main idea was to assume that everything was spam, then build your filter based on "good mail" qualities. Seeing as how my spam/ham ratio is about 100/1, it seems more applicable.

-Aubrey