John Thompson wrote:
On 2008-01-23, Anthony Peacock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My intention was to manually feed the few spam messages that slip thru undetected. By the time I get a hold of those, they are in the recipient's mail client inbox, not in the server. I was thinking, if I save the mail as EML files, would that preserve the headers in a way that sa-learn can parse correctly?

Depends on the client.

For instance, Thunderbird stores it's folders in mbox format, so sa-learn can work against those files as-is. Other email clients can save emails in text format complete with headers.

The biggest problem with this is training the users to do that consistantly.

Isn't that what "cron" is for? :-)

I have a cron job on my imap server to regularly feed ham and spam through sa-learn.

I have a cron job that runs the learning process nightly. I was refering to the process of gathering the false-negatives and false-positives. That has to be done by hand, as a decision needs to be made about whether they are spam or not. And, by definition, the automatic process has got it wrong.

--
Anthony Peacock
"A CAT scan should take less time than a PET scan.  For a CAT scan,