At 15:49 08-02-2008, Martin Gregorie wrote:
A weird thing has started within the last couple of days. It is only
affecting mail received from the SA users mail list and only to mail
received from Paul Douglas Franklin of Yakima UGM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The messages have a "To" header like this:

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Users <users"@<81>!Can.gregorie.org,
    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
    [EMAIL PROTECTED],
    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've edited it slightly:
- I line wrapped it
- the group "<81>" replaces a character with the hex value of 0x81.
  I had to change it because in its original form it was corrupting
  the header when I pasted it into this message.

[snip]

Has anybody else seen this problem?

No.

I'd really like this to be fixed as its littering my mail archiving
system with junk addresses. I've attached the complete, unmodified
message as "annoyance'txt".

The message received at your end shows up as "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit" whereas the original message is "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit".

The transfer-encoding conversion may have caused the header problem.

Regards,
-sm