René Berber wrote:
Tim Alberts wrote:
[snip]
OK, I ran the command and just received another email from the customer today. The mail is still being marked as spam. I need to fix this now or stop using spamassassin.

To re-iterate the problem. I am receiving mail from a customer and it is being marked as spam. The test report for the email shows:

* -100 USER_IN_WHITELIST From: address is in the user's white-list * -2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1% * [score: 0.0000] * 274 AWL AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

How do I clear the AWL?

Just remove the file, it looks like it is corrupted.

To find where the file is, look for auto_whitelist_path in your settings. I have it configured in /etc/mail/spamassasin/mailscanner.cf to:

auto_whitelist_path        /var/spool/spamassassin/auto-whitelist

Unless you have a more complicated configuration (per user settings).

Thank you again everyone for responding.

I do have the per user settings and it prompts the question that I don't see an answer for yet. What happens with the command 'spamassassin --remove-addr-from-whitelist' with per user settings? I assumed running the command as root, it would filter down through each user AWL. Thinking more about it I guess it stands to reason that it doesn't because spamassassin doesn't know about all the users.

So is the solution to log in as each user and issue the command to clear the marked address from each account? How should it be handled in this situation.

Note: For now, I have deleted the autowhitelist file from the selected users that are communicating with the marked email address. Unfortunately again, I won't know if it worked until the customer emails again.