Andreas Ntaflos wrote:

[snip]
When you remove the email address you should not see an AWL score, if
you still see it then you didn't remove it.  Remember that the AWL could
be global or per user (even if the "user" is the one running amavisd in
your case), dependending on your spamassassin configuration.

Right, that's what I thought, too. I removed the address, sent a mail message to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and AWL got no score. Half an hour later I sent another message and AWL got a negative score of about -1.1. Two hours later I sent yet another message and now AWL was at +0.370. And a message I sent just now got a score of +0.277. Is that normal?

Looks normal. How the AWL score moves depends on the total score given to all the emails from that address, it's just a moving average that includes the current message's score.

So, how did it get positive? You have to check the log, record total scores and see what is hitting, the AWL follows, not leads.

My guess is that you are using something that scores high, like RBL checks, Botnet, both in combination (sometimes they are redundant).

[snip]
On that note: checking the AWL scores for mail messages to *this* list from that address ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) shows that they are also a bit high-ish (the first message got +2.45, the second +2.25).

Same situation, you have to see what spamassassin rules are hitting.

I am not sure if that is wrong, but I am getting more and more confused about the AWL. I never had problems with it before but recently it really seems to score badly only for messages sent by me!

Perhaps your domain or IP address got added to a blacklist. Only way to know is checking the rules that hit.

Should I post the contents of both local.cf and user_prefs? They don't contain anything special as far as I can see, but something definitely feels wrong with my configuration. Why else would the AWL test get such scores?

AWL is probably not the culprit, as I said, it follows not leads.
--
René Berber