Hi Randy,

> I can only guess that you still have two versions of spamassasin
> installed. I would search the disk for multiple copies of
> spamd/spamc/spamassassin and remove the older version. Also remember
> that spamassassin  probably runs as non-root or at least, it should.

I've searched the disk, but only one version of SA exists,
and /usr/bin/spamd runs as root:

-r-xr-xr-x   1 root root      27059 Feb 20 15:59 spamassassin
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root root     115226 Feb 20 15:59 spamc
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root root     102285 Feb 20 15:59 spamd

Any other idea?
--
Massimiliano Marini - http://www.linuxtime.it/massimilianomarini/
"It's easier to invent the future than to predict it."  -- Alan Kay