Robert S wrote:
I have started, over the last few months, getting a lot of plain text "scam" messages ("Nigerian" type scams, lottery wins etc etc). Previously I had almost none of these.

Unfortunately I'd need to send rather a lot of information about my configs, and log files to help, but can anybody point me in the right direction. I run sa-update every night.

The first step is to make a copy of such scams (full headers and body) available (on pastebin for example).
I do quite extensive filtering before sending messages to spamassassin - I use xbl.spamhaus.org to block messages and I also use selective greylisting and clam antivirus (which detects some scams). Maybe I'm not getting enough spam to train SA adequately (I train based on my "spam" and "ham" folder weekly).

Sorry about the lack of detail, but I'm hoping somebody might have a simple answer.