Justin Mason wrote:
The only indication is SA's X-Spam-DataBase: Bayes not run. header.

SpamAssassin doesn't add a header like that... what are you using:
spamd, MailScanner, amavisd?

--j.

I use a product called MDaemon, which has a windows port of SA. Perhaps my header mapping in local.cf is creating that header (see below). Either way, there are no BAYES_XX hits on most of the messages processed. I would say about a third are getting proper hits, all others have no BAYES tag at all.

clear_headers
add_header all Report _REPORT_
add_header spam Flag _YESNOCAPS_
add_header all Status _YESNO_, score=_SCORE(0.00)_ required=_REQD_ tests=_TESTS_ shortcircuit=_SCTYPE_ autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_
add_header spam Level _STARS(*)_
add_header all DataBase _TOKENSUMMARY_
add_header spam RBL _RBL_
add_header all Hits _SPAMMYTOKENS_