Hi JP,

I had this problem when I upgraded to 3.2.3 temporarily, and for a while
after the downgrade to 3.1.7.

I had not done enough research and found that I had installed 3.2.3 with
a different method than what the original package was installed with.
This caused install paths to change for various files, and I ended up
with 2 different versions of some files spread over the system.

This was causing all sorts of errors, but mainly the having to restart
SA constantly as it was falling over.

Whilst this may not be your issue, it is worth checking that all of your
.cf and pre files are sane, as well as any Perl CPAN modules. I removed
all of my CPAN modules, and installed them via apt-get in Debian
instead. I then removed all instances of every Spamassassin file on the
system, and reinstalled from scratch. (keeping local.cf and user_prefs
of course).

Hope this is some help,

Cheers,
Mike