What other info should I post?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daryl C. W. O'Shea [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:16 PM
To: Jean-Paul Natola
Cc: SpamAssassin
Subject: Re: Plugin eval failed

On 13/03/2008 7:08 PM, Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I upgraded to  sa 3.2.4
>
> And I've been restarting spamd every 15 minutes just to keep mail coming
in,

> This is what is constantly coming up in the maillog
>

> plugin: eval failed: child processing timeout at /usr/local/bin/spamd line
> 1259.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

You're probably either swap thrashing (or the system is otherwise under
high load causing spamd children to take forever) or you're passing
large messages to spamd to scan (which can also take forever, along with
a whole bunch of memory).

Without more info there's not much else that can be said.

Daryl