dooley2 wrote:
it is a spam assassin proxy 3.2.3.3., for windows.

respectfully, why would I post the question here unless it had something to
do with spam assassin?

Well, true.. however, from your post it wasn't possible to determine much about your setup. It also wasn't even clear you were using SA at all, but I assumed you were.

(Note: most folks here, unless you specify otherwise, are going to assume you're using SpamAssassin on a unix-like platform with a MTA or MDA layer integration, because that's what's common. It was clear from your post that's not what you're doing, but it also wasn't possible to tell what you are using.)

Regardless, without knowing what proxy I don't think anyone could be of much help. After all, you problem isn't with the SA code, it's with the proxy code. That's very specific to what proxy you're using.

All I could tell you would be a broad generic statement like "the pop3 password should work, dono why it doesn't". That's not very informative.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SaProxy

That said, based on the version number you posted, I *think* you're using SAwin32, which is one of the many proxies mentioned above.

Since this is really a feature of the proxy part of the code, not the SA part of the code, you might try their forums:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=175673

Someone here might be able to help, but there are not many folks on this list using proxies.