Am Sonntag, 20. April 2008 22:51 schrieb Christoph Petersen:
> Hi guys,
>
> some days ago I started deploying spamassassin in a load balanced
> environment (though no real lb but round robin DNS lb with spamc's -d
> switch). When I watch the logs it's sometimes with peaks that one server is
> under heavy load > 90 spamd childs and the other very low.
>
> Maybe it's a good idea to create something like a spamc deamon wich can
> distribute the load better among the childs so that both systems are better
> used.
>
> Feedback is welcome - maybe I'm on a very wrong train here  but spam is not
> getting less..
>
> BR
> Christoph

Real good loadbalancer is Linux Virtual Server (LVS,
www.linuxvirtualserver.org). Try localhost option to distribute load to local
node AND use Linux-HA (heartbeat) for high availabliliy.

Hint: ldirectord as a resource in Linux-HA version 2. Also use pingd to check
availability of the nodes inside heartbeat.

Sounds difficult to set up, but when you get used to it it is quite simple,
works good and ist VERY scalable.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42