SM wrote:
At 08:03 25-04-2008, John Rudd wrote:
I believe he's calling SpamAssassin during the SMTP session, using mimedefang (a milter). Mailscanner doesn't let you do that (at least, not the last time I used it; it didn't have milter bindings).

He's using Mailscanner as well. That package includes SpamAssassin. Each message will be scanned twice if he also has Mimedefang.

Not if he turns off SA in Mailscanner.

Personally, when I was using both, I did it the other way around (Anti-virus in Mimedefang, to reject viruses up front; and then SA in mailscanner, since we tag&deliver all spam). But after a while I moved everything to mimedefang.