Well now, if a spambot actually does start recognizing and avoiding his system,
doesn't that mean he wins and the spammer loses?

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Marc Perkel wrote:

> To participate all you have to do is set your highest numbered MX to
> point to:
>
> tarbaby.junkemailfilter.com
>
> Several people have asked me how I'm doing this and can they have my
> code to do it themselves. My situation is unique enough that it just
> won't work very easilly any place else and it's definitely not clean
> enough for just anyone to install.

You should make an effort to clean it up so that others *can* install it as a
standalone daemon, as I suggested. Why? How long will it be before the spambots
explicitly refuse to contact your honeypot if it is listed as an MX for the
domain they're attacking?