On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 01:17 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> I am ongoing to install a new  server  for  (currently)  43  users
[...]
> I can not use private rules and if I call it with
>     |/usr/bin/spamassassin
>
> incoming batch-spam can kill the server which must be responsible  under
> any circumstands...

True. Using spamc is *much* more efficient, and highly recommended.
However, allow_user_rules 1 isn't an option in this case, and not
recommended anyway.

> How can I solv this problem?
>
> Note:   Some of the $USER have tonns of custom rules and since
>         they are working for them, they wan to use it...  :-)

Given the small-ish number of users, there is a way to do this. However,
it may result in quite some administrative overhead, depending on the
frequency of changes.

You simply could aggregate these custom rules in server wide $user.cf
files, with a *default* score of 0. Each user now can enable the rules
he wants by assigning it a non-zero score in user_prefs.

Since you mentioned "tons of custom rules" per user, I assume there are
third party, non user-written rules as well. If so, there is the
additional benefit of not maintaining (und updating) multiple copies.

HTH

  guenther  -- barely awake, having his first coffee

--
char *t="[EMAIL PROTECTED]";