On 27.06.08 14:45, mouss wrote:
> qpsmtpd headers do not show rDNS.

bad. SA afaik doesn't resolve IPS in headers, it expectd MTA to use it.
iirs there was some discussion about MTA's not doing that, Maybe it could do
that for such MTAs (check list archive)

> and anyway, there's no reason to believe helo is forged since
> $ host vms173003pub.verizon.net
> vms173003pub.verizon.net has address 206.46.173.3

sice there's no DNS name in received and SA doesn't translate IP, it assumes
that there is no DNS so the helo is forged.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.