On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

How can I tackle spam that came from my own e-mail address that I did not send. Any info on how to prevent this will be greatly appreciated.

That's called "sender forgery".

Unfortunately there's no real way to _prevent_ it. You can reduce it somewhat by employing various sender authentication mechanisms, such as by publishing an SPF record for your domain or by using DomainKeys/DKIM to sign your legitimate outbound mail. However, for these to work the recipients need to check that information, and not all recipients do this.

Implementing SPF and/or DomainKeys/DKIM for your outbound mail traffic is offtopic for this list; google those terms along with your MTA software name and you should be able to find useful information.

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Where We Want You To Go Today 07/05/07: Microsoft patents in-OS
  adware architecture incorporating spyware, profiling, competitor
  suppression and delivery confirmation (U.S. Patent #20070157227)
 2 days until the 1929th anniversary of the destruction of Pompeii