On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Bill Gunty wrote:

I recently did a --force-expire on my bayesian database as I was getting some false positives with it and the information it in was getting to be over a year old. Since then, when automatically scanning, bayesian tests are not being run. This can be seen in the headers of each of my inbound emails. I took one of the messages that SpamAssassin did not tag as SPAM and ran it through manually (spamassassin -D < emailfile) and bayesian tests were run, marking the message as high spam.

Any ideas why the test is running when I manually scan a message, but not automatically as it was doing prior to the --force-expire?

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps the automated scan is running under a different user than when you did a manual scan.

It's common.

-d