I am currently running SA 3.2.4 on perl 5.8.8, and want to upgrade perl
to 5.10.0

After compiling perl 5.10.0 from source, and regenerating SA 3.2.4 using
the newly compiled perl binary, satisfying all Required Module
dependencies, I get a segmentation fault when trying to load compiled regex:

# /usr/local/bin/spamassassin --lint --debug
[29188] dbg: zoom: loading compiled ruleset from
/var/lib/spamassassin/compiled/3.002004
Segmentation fault
#

Are these perl version specific? I want to know this since I have spamd
running with the compiled rulesets, and don't want to mess up my current
config. If the compiled rulesets are perl specific, then I can go ahead
and recompile and restart spamd, otherwise, I think I found a bug, since
if there is a version mismatch, spamassassin should be able to detect
this, and in this case, go on without the compiled rulesets.

--
Jorge Valdes
Intercom El Salvador