On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 1:11 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anybody have any experience with this product?

It appears *noone* has any experience with it... Google finds only 2
links and they are on the company's own homepage.

> My company wants to replace SpamAssassin with this product, due to
> SpamAssassin being not being up to par other products.

What is the evidence for this statement?  I move customers from
commercial solutions to my company's SA based filtering regularly and
they are typically very impressed with what we can do for them with
Spamassassin.

> My argument is that people we give SpamAssassin to have no clue how to use
> it and what it's designed to do, therefore they think it sucks.

Why would your users even need to know you are using SA?  How are they
supposed to "use" it?  Just configure it to make spam go away and they
should be OK with that.  You can set up some sort of quarantine or
tagging system but people generally aren't going to use it much.

>From what I can find of the company behind this Magic thing, it looks
like their products are repackaged open source software.  (Their
"MagicMail" product appears to be qmail).  There's a pretty decent
change they are selling you Spamassassin anyway :)