Blaine Fleming wrote:
Marc Perkel wrote:

Blaine Fleming wrote:
Marc Perkel wrote:
I just discovered the "Day old Bread" list of host names under 5 days old. I don't know where they get it but the list is very useful.

I remember playing with this list a few years ago but now they seem to lag a few days behind. For example, as of right now, 'superbleached dot com' is not showing up in the list despite being registered on 09-14-2008. Because of this lag I created my own version of the list where I directly process the .ORG, .NET, .COM, .INFO, .US, .COOP and .BIZ TLD zones every day shortly after they are posted. I list all domains in those TLDs that are within the standard domain tasting period (currently 5 days). Would it be of value if I made this list available in RBLDNS format? I have limited resources but would be willing to make an effort if there is any interest.

--Blaine

How do you get the list? I have the resources. I'd like to make it available. If you can tell me how to get the list myself I'll do it. Tell me what works best for you. I think the list would be very valuable as a factor to test for spam.

I get the list by generating the data myself directly from the TLD zone files. It takes me about three hours to download and process the ~8.5GB of uncompressed data (~246 million lines) on a single server. I've made it available to anyone interested so contact me offlist with the IP or netblock if you would like access.

--Blaine

Where do you download those zone files from? I've got some serious bandwidth and computing power.