Michael Hutchinson wrote:
Hello Matt,

So, does anyone have a clue as to why the E-Mail in question was
delivered to our domain? Or even, why would our servers try to
deliver
a message who's recipients don't exist here?

I see nothing in those headers that would indicate who the recipients
are.
To:. Cc, etc are purely decorative. They mean *nothing* about who the
message is actually being sent to.

Messages are delivered based on the address passed during the RCPT TO:
command in the SMTP session. This is also called the "Envelope
recipients". This information may sometimes be added to the email with
"for" clause in a Received: header, but it is generally not present in
the message headers.

Ah, that explains everything - I feel a bit stupid now. I found it
interesting to learn that RCPT TO information at SMTP time doesn't get
recorded in the mail headers, otherwise this would be useful information
to help build domain specific S.A rules.

depends on your "delivery agent".

some MTAs add a Delivered-To header. but again, this is done at _delivery_ time when only one receipient is concerned (otherwise, it would expose Bcc recipients).