I am almost 100% certain that I need to be able to run this command as postfix.

Kate

mouss wrote:
Kate Kleinschafer wrote:
I don't think I want to run it as root do I?

run the test command as root, not mailscanner. you have the error while running the test command. you don't have an error while running mailscanner.

(MailScanner is set to use user postfix)

I Don't use MS so I have no idea about its configuration. I use amavisd-new.

Which config file sets it to use /root/ directory?

when you'll run SA from mailscanner, I'm sure the /root directory won't be used. so run it and see.