Don Saklad wrote:
> Of the many many subscriptions this is the only subscription that
> doesn't have a bracketed list name inserted in the header subject.
>
> Programming solutions don't work for users not programmers!

This shouldn't be a programing solution. It's the RFC standardized way
to do it.

If your emacs/rmail doesn't support the RFC standards for mail list
handling, that's emac's problem. I can't change that tool. Perhaps you
can ask some of the other folks at gnu.org to do so.

For what it's worth, if you're not a programmer, I don't understand why
you're using emacs/rmail in the first place. The most useful and
commonly used feature of emacs is being able to program powerful scripts
in lisp. Since you're not a programmer, I'd strongly suggest  you find a
way to change to a mail client that isn't catered to programmers. Emacs
really isn't the best choice for you if you don't feel comfortable
programming up your own scripts.

I've pointed out that emacs users pretty much need to be fluent in lisp
before:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-How-do-you-use-Emacs-to-sort-RMAIL-email-based-on-spamassassin-headers-...-p19017129.html

I wasn't trying to be rude. It's just a simple fact. Emacs is a
powerful, but obscure tool that heavily relies on custom lisp scripting
to do anything beyond some basic built-in features.