John Hardin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

header SUBJECT_FUZZY_TION Subject =~ /<post
P3>(?!tion)<T><I><O><N>/i

is hitting on ham from a mailing list with the following subject line:

Subject: Re: [CentOS] mount UFS partition on CentOS 5.

A test email containing just the text "partition" in the subject line
also hits this rule so would appear to confirm my assumptions.

I suggest you open a bug for this. It certainly should not hit, as the
(?!tion) should keep it from matching an unobfuscated word...

Does it hit unobfuscated "partitions"? How about "portion"?

Perhaps it should be /<post P3>(?!tion)<T><I><O><N><S>?\b/i

Here, it matched three spam run subjects yesterday.  They were all
spam but only one was obfuscated.  Subjects were:

Listings for specialties such as:  general practitioners

No competition here, we're best on market.

The se_x!_est te.mp.ting te\e'n gI_rLs In sweet ha.rd,cO.re act!on.

Joseph Brennan