On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 21:05 +0800, Nelson Serafica wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Nelson Serafica
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>                 > btw one of last updates had to fix this problem.
>                 When did you sa-update last
>                 >  time?
>

>         It's been a week. I'll be putting this on my crontab today
>         probably every 12am
>

> I already put this on my crontab after installing spamassassin. I just
> did sa-update. However, when I check 50_scores.cf, the line that I
> edit which was SUBJ_ALL_CAPS doesn't return to its original value. It
> was still 0. It was suppose to be back to its original value or
> atleast change from being 0. What is the preferred things to do since
> some spammer do ALL CAPS in their subject? And also, why it wasn't
> change which it was suppose to change automatically after sa-update

sa-update puts files
in /var/lib/spamassassin/3.00x00y/updates.spamassassin.com/
/etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf overrides anything in that directory.
/usr/lib/spamassassin is not used once the /var/lib/spamassassin/...
directories are created.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy