On Oct 31, 2008, at 11:23 AM, Michael Scheidell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I need a domain registry who won't spam me every two weeks with crap and argue that since I am a client of theirs, its not a violation of can-spam laws to spam me and refuse to stop. And, no, I can't change the email address because then we won't get REALLY important announcements, like someone just tried to re-register my domain.

First spam, maybe (but I always opt out of any 'spam the crap out of me because I am stupid enough to buy from you' options).

First spam, maybe, if they provide an opt out link and honor it.

But if they don't provide an opt out link, and if email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] bounces since they obviously are ignorant of the RFC's, or as in the case of the previous one(dotster), their WEEKLY SPAM got so bad, that AWL, bayes, and reputation filters started to score them as spam, that I had to make a choice: whitelist them so that I get any emergency, billing, change of dns important emails, or move.

I did.. from one spammy registrar to another one.

So, who do you use? I don't want to have to whitelist them because they are in DNS blacklists already, and I don't want them sending me 'important offers from our partners that you just can't live without'.

Who?

I use PairNIC -- highly recommended. Good luck.