David C. McCall wrote:
> DOH!   I didn't include --sync in periodic sa-learn runs....
>

> slaps his forehead and returns into cave.
>

> :-(

You shouldn't need --sync, unless you want to force the journal to be
synced and deleted when you run sa-learn. In general it will decide if
it needs to be synced on its own. It's also redundant if you have
--force-expire, as SA always syncs the journal prior to doing expiry.

In general, the journal disappearing is normal. It's just a "holding
tank" for atime updates (and tokens if you have learn to journal
enabled), It periodically gets dumped into the main database and deleted
during the expiry checks.

So, don't be concerned about it disappearing, that just means it's been
synced and hasn't been recreated by mail scanning.