Marcin,

> >Did you manually (initially) train it
> > with your collected ham and recent (not older than 3 months) spam?
>
> No, I just waited until default 200 hams and 200 spams kicked it in. As
> I mentioned elsewhere, I get a weird effect of correct positives, but
> relatively many false negatives from Bayes rules.

Quality of bayes auto-learning improves if you let all your mail
pass through SpamAssassin:

- outbound mail is often a high-quality source of ham
  for autolearning;

- blocking at MTA by RBL or other techniques (such as graylisting)
  is efficient and effective, but deprives SpamAssassin of spam samples,
  so if your resources permit, it is better to let SpamAssassin deal
  with all RBLs.

Mark